- “Cologne-Lisbon Philosophy of Technology Lab“, collaborative research project between the a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School for the Humanities Cologne and the Center for Philosophy of Sciences at the University of Lisbon (2017–)
- “Materiality and Agency: New Paradigms in the Study of Human Development, Culture, and Cognition”, project within the Collaborative Research Centre 806 “Our Way to Europe: Culture-Environment Interaction and Human Mobility in the Late Quarternary“, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), University of Cologne (2017–2021)
- “Understanding Others: Integration of Social Cognitive and Affective Processes“, Scientific Network, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) (2017–2019)
- “Transformations of Knowledge“, postdoctoral research group funded by the Excellence Initiative of the German Science Council, University of Cologne (2014–)
- “Cologne Summer School of Interdisciplinary Anthropology” (CSIA), funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), University of Cologne (2015–2017). Collaborators: Andreas Speer, Dietrich Boschung, Jürgen Richter, Martin Zillinger, Johannes Schick
- “Time and Intentionality”, funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (2016). Collaborator: Maxime Doyon
- “Visibility and Empathy: Philosophical Explorations of Human Intersubjectivity”, research project funded by Volkswagen Foundation (2014–2015), Mahindra Humanities Center, Harvard University.
- “Embodiment as Paradigm for an Evolutionary Cultural Anthropology”, research project hosted by the Marsilius-Kolleg, University of Heidelberg (2012–2014). Collaborators: Gregor Etzelmüller, Thomas Fuchs, Grit Schwarzkopf, Klaus Tanner, Michael Welker
- “Anthropology and Ethics”, research network funded by the German Excellence Initiative (2012–2014), University of Heidelberg. Collaborators: Gregor Etzelmüller, Thomas Fuchs, Grit Schwarzkopf, Klaus Tanner, Michael Welker
- “Normativity in Perception: Phenomenological, Analytical, and Psychopathological Perspectives”, research project funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (2013). Collaborators: Maxime Doyon, Ian Gold, Hans-Helmuth Gander, Thomas Fuchs
- “Anthropology of Intersubjectivity” (2011–2013), University of Freiburg, research project funded by the Elite Programme for Postdocs of the Baden-Württemberg Foundation and Hermann Paul School of Linguistics (HPSL).
- “The Brain as a Social Organ” (2011–2012), University of Heidelberg, research project funded by Volkswagen Foundation. Collaborators: Thomas Fuchs, Monika Dullstein, Andreas Mayer
- “New Interdisciplinary Anthropology: Body – Mind – Culture” (2012), University of Heidelberg, summer academy funded by the Marsilius-Kolleg and BASF SE. Collaborators: Gregor Etzelmüller, Thomas Fuchs, Grit Schwarzkopf, Klaus Tanner, Michael Welker
- “Indexing Authenticity: Perspectives from Linguistics and Anthropology” (2011), research project funded by the Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS). Collaborators: Véronique Lacoste, Jacob Leimgruber
- “CyberAnthropology – Being Human on the Internet” (2011), research project, University of Freiburg and Humboldt University of Berlin. Collaborators: Johanna Sprondel, Maren Wehrle
- “Attention – Perspectives from Phenomenology and Cognitive Psychology” (2007–2010), research project, University of Freiburg. Collaborators: Hans-Helmuth Gander, Gerhard Strube, Maren Wehrle